This week on the Legends Radio Show...
NEXT SHOW: January19th, 2019 9 AM CT
Bob Newton, Offensive Line
- 1969–As a junior college transfer he starred immediately on the offensive line for a Husker team that went 9-2 with a bowl win over Georgia.
- 1970–He was an All-American at Nebraska and was named the Big 8 Lineman of the Week 4 times for a team that won the National Champinship.
- He was drafted in the 3rd round and had an 11-year NFL career with the Chicago Bears and the Seattle Seahawks.
Guy Ingles, Split End
- 1968–As a sophomore he had 14 catches for 146 yards for Nebraska.
- 1969–He had 30 catches for 463 yards and 3 touchdowns for the Huskers.
- 1970–On a National Championship squad, he led the team with 8 TD receptions while making 38 catches for 672 yards.
- Was an assistant coach at Nebraska from 1971-1978.
Dan Schneiss, Fullback
West Bend, Wisconsin
- 1968–As a sophomore reserve at Nebraska he rushed for over 100 yards.
- 1969–He rushed for over 400 yards averaging over 5 yards a carry and had 20 receptions for over 200 yards for the Huskers.
- 1970–A team captain he rushed for 327 yards and 2 touchdowns and added 20 receptions with 2 touchdowns. He had a key reception between four Oklahoma defenders inside the 5-yard line in the 4th quarter to set-up the winning touchdown.
- A 1971 NFL Draft pick of the New England Patriots