This week on the Legends Radio Show...
October 17th, 2020 9 AM CT
- Hometown, Fullerton, Nebraska.
- Fullerton HS Graduate 1959.
- Offensive Lineman at Guard. Earned Scholarship from Nebraska.
- Nebraska Football 1959-1962. 6’2” 200 offensive guard.
- 3 Year Letterman, 2 Year Starter (with Bob Brown).
- Played in great win at Michigan (25-13) Coach Devaney’s initial great victory and 36-34 Win Vs Miami in Gotham Bowl at Yankee Stadium in December 1962.
- Honors**Team Captain & Academic All Big 8.
- Tom Novak Award Winner for 1962.** Member of Nebraska’s First Great Devaney Team.
- IE Bob Brown, Dennis Claridge, Lloyd Voss, Bill Thornton, Monte Kiffin,Warred Powers, Willie Ross, Kent McCloughan, Larry Kramer. etc.
- Hometown is Clay Center, Kansas. Clay Center HS Graduate 1958
- Running Back/Fullback
- All Conference in fall 1957.
- Earned Scholarship offer to University of Nebraska as Running Back.
- Nebraska Football 1959, 1960, 1962.
- 2 Year Letterman at Fullback, 5’11” 200.
- Gotham Bowl participant as Senior in 1962 under Bob Devaney and Running Back Coaching Legend, Mike Corgan.
- Career Stats; 92 Rushes for 390 Yards & 2 Touchdowns.
- Increased per carry average each year from 3.7 to 5.2 yards per carry as Senior in 1962!
- Football Coaching Career. Head Coach at Lexington, Nebraska HS.
- Coached Center HS and Rosedale HS in the Kansas City area.
- Semi-Pro Coach with Omaha Mustangs.
- Coached at University of Nebraska-Omaha.
- Named HFBC at St. Cloud State University in 1983.
- Spent 16 Seasons at St. Cloud State.
- Set School Record for Wins with 91.
- North Central Conference Champions in 1989.
- Toughest NCAA Division 11 Conference In Nation during his tenure. ***Inducted into St. Cloud State University Athletic
- Hall of Fame in September of 2017
- Hometown is Reno, Nevada. High School Graduate 1959.
- Offensive Guard. 6’2” 205. Earned Scholarship to Nebraska.
- Nebraska Football 1959-1962. Grew to 6’3” 220 LBS.
- 2 Year Letterman. **Returned an intercepted pitchout 28 Yards Vs Minnesota in 1960.
- Played in Great Victory at Michigan in 1962 & Missouri game on November 3 that started the Sellout Streak.
- Also had much to do with Former Navy Seal Damian Jackson with becoming a Husker in 2015.